Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cynthia Nixon Goes Bald for Next Role


Cynthia - who was with former partner Danny Mozes for 15 years and had two children, Samantha, 15, and nine-year-old

After the blonde host complimented the star on the shape of her head, Cynthia said: 'I thought it was kind of gonna be no muss-no fuss, but I have to shave it every day!

'It's got kind of a five o'clock shadow, and you don't want to go on with that,' she continued.

'I was always kind of curious to see what it would be like. I like it; I don't think I'm gonna keep it forever.'

She follows the footsteps of Who’s the Boss actress Judith Light, who also shaved her hair for the same role a decade ago.

Of course, it is a role close to Nixon's heart - she herself discovered she had the early stages of breast cancer during a routine mammogram in 2006.




She had a lumpectomy and radiation - but no chemotherapy - and continues to take the drug Tamoxifen, which blocks the actions of estrogen and is used to treat and prevent some types of breast cancer.

Of her stage character, Cynthia said: 'She's really at the top of her profession. She's a professor of 17th century poetry. She's the best; she knows she's the best.

'She gets a really bad cancer diagnosis and she goes through this really heavy-duty chemo and she meets that challenge, but she learns a lot about herself.'

Meanwhile, Nixon has also opened up about her sexuality in a candid new interview.

The star, who is engaged to her long-term partner Christine Marinoni - with who she has an 11-month-old son Max - says it was her decision to become a lesbian.




Charlie, with him - said: 'I gave a speech recently, an empowerment speech to a gay audience, and it included the line 'I've been straight and I've been gay, and gay is better.'

'And they tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice. And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me. A certain section of our community is very concerned that it not be seen as a choice, because if it's a choice, then we could opt out.


'I say it doesn't matter if we flew here or we swam here, it matters that we are here and we are one group and let us stop trying to make a litmus test for who is considered gay and who is not.'

Cynthia insists she hasn't always been gay and finds it 'offensive' that people say she has.

She told The New York Times: 'Why can't it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we're just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don't think that they should define the terms of the debate.

'I also feel like people think I was walking around in a cloud and didn't realise I was gay, which I find really offensive. I find it offensive to me, but I also find it offensive to all the men I've been out with.'




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Nggelolo | Blogger.com